About the role:
At DHL IT Services, we’re designing, building and running IT solutions globally, supporting our 550 000 colleagues and millions of our clients. Thousands or servers, apps, devices…all managed from our data centers.
And that’s lots of digitalization. In fact, digitalization is our key priority. Data & Platforms is a fresh department, aiming to address this digitalization theme. You can think of it as the go-to place to deliver digital technologies for the globe. We’re developing and running cutting-edge solutions in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, IoT and more.
Currently, we’re looking for Senior Node.js engineer [Chatbots]. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to directly impact digital footprint of DPDHL – through your work on backend APIs of our Chatbot solution, based on Node.js. We promise a lot of learning in the area of AI, Natural Language Processing and in delivering a truly global scalable solution.
In return, we expect you to know the in’s and out’s of Node, sucessfully delivering scalable and resilient projects to Production. You should be eager to get your hands dirty with microservices and APIs, but we’ll make sure you touch the full stack – our NoSQL database, global API gateway, Machine Learning engine, public cloud infrastructure (GCP) and many more.
We’re primarily looking for an enthusiast that would fit our young team. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you!
• Design and develop scalable enterprise-grade Node.js solutions for Artificial Intelligence
• Be a Node.js senior developer, advising to more junior team members across the globe
• Implement best practices on scaling, monitoring, testing and enterprise Node.js deployments
• Analyze end-to-end performance of Node.js microservices to achieve the best latency
• Continuously improve CD/CI automated pipeline
• Consult proposed designs with Product Owner and prioritize development effort with him/her
• Work with an enthusiastic team in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
• Collaborate with DHL‘s global teams on continuous improvement of Node.js applications
• 3+ years of experience with Node.js design and development
• Practical knowledge of microservice architecture and containerization tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift..)
• Ability to design & develop scalable and resilient RESTful or websocket APIs (e.g. OpenAPI)
• 5+ years of experience in overall software development lifecycle
• Familiarity with using CD/CI tooling such as Git, Jenkins and Maven
• Passion about great customer experience
• Good communication skills to sometimes explain your work to a non-technical audience
• Excellent written and spoken English; we’re an international team
An ideal candidate would also have:
• Basic knowledge of Virtual Assistant technologies (e.g. Google Dialogflow, IBM Watson..)
• Experience with cloud services such as AWS, GCP or Azure
• Knowledge of Agile / DevOps software development (GitOps is a plus)
What do we offer?
• Young team of motivated professionals from across the globe, always ready to support you
• A great opportunity to advance your career in AI/NLP, with lots of learning included
• Professional and industry-recognized technical trainings and certifications
• Modern office environment
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year)
• 6 Self-sickness days/year
• Permanent contract
• Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year
• Mean and entertainment/sport vouchers fully covered by DHL
• Pension plan contribution
• Employee Referral Program and Working Anniversary Rewards
• Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
• Huge number of internal growth opportunities