At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide, and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel in Ostrava, Czech Republic. You will work alongside the Head of Legal CZ/SK to support the carrying out the function of the department in transport law and logistic law from a legal and compliance perspective. You will advise to the Board of the company, Senior Management team, HR functions, and other stakeholders on the underpinning legislation, and other European and domestic law affecting organization (transport law legislation, civil law, corporate law, personal data protection, etc.).
- Provide legal advise.
- Prepare and review transport law-related proposals and drafts and advise across the organization on the legal effects of policy/documents/proposals/etc.
- Prepare or review suppliers contracts.
- Prepare and support various legal training for business colleagues.
- Instruct counsels and external legal advisors on registration appeals, judicial reviews of decisions, and other issues as directed by the own superior management.
- Support in issues relating to transport law as required.
- Ensure that compliance policies are incorporated and followed in the subjective business.
- Support in areas related to employee representation (e.g. collective bargaining, disputes, etc.).
- Legal support of business development opportunities from early stages to the finalization/implementation of the customer.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are updated on expected and adopted changes in legislation by providing internal/external training sessions and reference materials for business colleagues.
- Provide support and input in relation to the legal implications of business decisions and assisting with the implementation of those decisions.
- Represent the business unit in communication with external organizations as requested within the scope of legal support.
- Work with the Head of Legal CZ/SK and staff across the organization on the interpretation of legislative provisions.
- Where required, to assist in the formulation of evidence for submission to inquiries, Select Committees, and other formal tribunals.
- University degree in law.
- Czech legislation knowledge.
- 3+ year experience in the general legal area with a track record of transport or logistic legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Czech and English language skills.
- German language skills are nice to have.
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.