About the Packstation Project:
The PACKSTATION is a locker system which provides self service capabilities for storing and delivery of parcels with about 5.5 Mio registered customers of DPDHL Post & Parcel in Germany. It consists of a backend system (Packstation Broker) for supplying the machines with consignment data and the software for controlling the automated delivery machine (ADM).
PACKSTATION supports primarily the following processes:
Last mile delivery
Direct shipments: Customers can use Packstation addresses as their delivery address. There is no need for customers to be at home to get the parcels delivered. They can pick up their parcels directly at the station.
Notified deliveries: Instead of redirecting a parcel to post office it can be rerouted to a Packstation.
First mile delivery
Customers are able to send out parcels directly to receivers via Packstation. This includes return of deliveries.
What will you do:
• Conception and implementation, as part of the Scrum Team Backend and participation in requirement analysis, design, development and testing
• Development and manual integration testing of software systems with technical focus of JAVA
• Support with specialist acceptance tests
• Processing of tickets in Jira
• Tracking and completion of information in Confluence
You should have:
• University degree, preferably in computer science/business informatics
• Practical know-how in Java/J2EE/Spring
• Well-experienced in modern development methods and -tools (e.g. MicroServices, APIs, Spring Boot, build pipelines, containerization and DevOps.
• Experiences in databases and message-based communication is of advantage
• Fluent in English (level B2)
• Basic German language skills
Your personal skills:
• Creative and solution-oriented
• Teamplayer, enjoying technical challenges
• Willingness and interest in further education, especially in German language
• Confident, committed towards customers, colleagues, suppliers
• Great team of IT professionals and possibility of technical development
• Modern offices in Chodov
• Home office possibilities
• Permanent contract
• Pension plan contribution
• CAFETERIA employee benefit program with wide selection of benefits from Edenred
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch vouchers fully covered by company
• Multisport card, mobile and laptop, fruit days, sport clubs for employees, Referral program……