Deutsche Post DHL is one of the early-adopters of Service Now in the corporate world. This is a unique opportunity to join the team as ServiceNow Consultant/Developer. Our ServiceNow team is managing the largest and most-complex ServiceNow instance out there, and a customer that has a very close relationship with Service Now. Constantly challenging the status-quo, the Platform Support & Innovation team numerous times brought to life features or customizations well ahead of ServiceNow roadmap (e.g. MS Azure-powered Machine Learning engine to auto-route tickets).
As ServiceNow Consultant / Developer you will become part of the consolidated ServiceNow Centre of Competence within the Platform Support & Innovation department. Platform Support & Innovation team looks after Deutsche Post DHL’s ServiceNow instance and supporting infrastructure, as well as other auxiliary systems.
Apart from ServiceNow, the organization is managing Deutsche Post DHL’s IT Service reporting Data Warehouse (MS SQL) and is heavily involved in numerous innovation and efficiency-improvement activities involving Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence applications (e.g. Intelligent ChatBots, Automated Incident Routing, NLP & Translation Services, etc.).
What you will do:
• Consulting senior level stakeholders on features and capabilities related to ServiceNow platform
• Participating in Business Requirements Analysis and Business Requirements Statement creation process
• Creating and/or evaluating proposals and effort estimates both internally or with the involvement of 3rd party vendor
• Implementing (coding) of new requirements on ServiceNow platform and/or the Self-Service Portal (CMS)
• Participating in Platform Fitness activities, including performance optimization, code-optimization, or database performance optimization activities
• Coding reviews and coaching of more junior members of the development or 3rd level support team
• Participating in Problem Management activities (Root Cause Analysis / Remediation)
• Participating in Technical Acceptance Test (execution or supervision, a creation of test scenarios for newly developed customizations)
• Independent management of small-scale projects (several stories within a release or separate projects of up to 30 Mandays)
The ServiceNow team you will join is culturally and nationally diverse and geographically dispersed, with members located in the Czech Republic, Germany, and Malaysia, working also with vendors located in India.
A fluent command of English and a great degree of working flexibility is hence desired, as well as the ability to get along well with senior stakeholders as well as junior-level colleagues. You must be able to deal effectively with varying degree of ambiguity, adapt quickly to changing requirements or work demands, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where limited supervision is provided.
What you should have:
• Strong Software Engineering background, ideally a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Software Engineering
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in Software Development working on various projects
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with development on ServiceNow platform, preferably working for multiple clients
• ServiceNow Administration and Development certifications no older than 1 year (preferred)
• Fluent English, German is an advantage
• Resistance to stress (it’s plentiful here…)
• Good sense of humor (yeah, we try to have fun at work)
• A friendly personality that embraces challenges and won’t shy away from responsibility
We do realize that jumping into the train that’s running at full speed is not easy, hence our senior consultants and managers will ensure there’s guidance for you provided in the first couple of weeks. However, we’re looking for someone who’s keen on learning and is ready to get going quickly. We’d expect you to start picking up some serious work (e.g. helping with Problem Tickets) in 2-3 weeks, and within a month or two be integrated into many of the team’s activities.
The nature of our work will require the candidate to relocate to Prague, the Czech Republic for the duration of the employment contract. Whilst we do work with contractors on a selective basis, this is seen as one of the core roles we’d like to have permanently occupied by an individual working on FTE-employment basis, rather than as an independent contractor.
• Great team of IT professionals and a possibility of technical development
• An extra week of holiday (25 days/year)
• 6 Self-sickness days/year
• Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per the calendar year
• Lunch and FlexiPass vouchers fully covered by DHL
• On-going professional and technical training and certifications
• Multicultural environment in modern offices
• Pension plan contribution
• Multisport card
• Employee Referral Program
• Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
• Smart casual dress code