About the role: "Empathetic, Enthusiastic & Energetic - Problem Solver and Communicator"
Work within a highly-visible, empowered role that is accountable for major incident management for critical DPDHL IT platforms and services. This role is created as a mandate from the DPDHL IT Management Board to ensure "100% Uptime” for all the business critical IT services and solutions used by the Business Units. DPDHL IT Services is a global organization, with over 5,000 professionals across Europe, Asia and the Americas, supporting a user community of nearly 500,000 DP DHL colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity, for someone with a customer-oriented approach and the ability to work under extremely demanding circumstances, to make a positive difference.
About our Team: "Living Service Quality – IT’S a Reliable Partner"
Service Quality is a new team established to focus on "100% Uptime” of all business critical services and applications that impact DPDHL business units and customers. It is a mandate from the DPDHL IT Board to drive Service Quality to the next level. This includes faster service and data recovery times, root cause elimination and pro-active service quality improvements.
Your work: "”0 business disruptions & 0 data loss” is our aspiration - We will count on you"
• Empathize with and understand a business partner / customer who has a bad day due to an Emergency/Major Incident that has caused a disruption to his/ her service.
• Use data to analyze facts and quickly understand the root cause and get it fixed.
• Bring together and work closely with experts and managers from different parts of the organization and lead recovery activities for major incidents, with the aim of reducing business disruption to a minimum
• Ensure major incident recovery follows established processes and procedures. Challenge, review and improve the established processes and procedures.
• Perform Post Incident Reviews (PIR) with the recovery teams to evaluate of the incident management response and recovery effort for major, critical and high priority incident
• Ensure proactive and appropriate communication to BUs (work with MoD to ensure they have the necessary content for communication to BUs)
• Ensure effective handover of follow up actions resulting from major incidents to relevant teams
• Monitor ongoing changes and incidents in our IT environment to pre-empt issues, escalate incidents that need to be managed as ‘major incidents’
• Work closely with the Service Quality Managers, who’s mandate is to use data to analyze facts, discover trends and patterns and to pro-actively predict and prevent Emergency / Major incidents
What kind of candidates are best suited for this role: "Respect and Results "
• 8+ years General IT Knowledge - General broad knowledge of technologies and trends within the IT industry
• 4+ years Operational experience in a multi-cultural / global context, leading a team responsible for operations and / or engineering for Hosting platforms (cloud and/or on-prem), virtualization, storage, end user services (email, collaboration tools, desktop, etc), database/middleware, application support, IT security, or Telecom
• Excellent understanding of the Emergency Incident Management process. Experience working on Emergency Incidents will be a plus but not mandatory
• Possessing good understanding of ITS operations and services will be an added advantage (good knowledge of upstream and downstream applications)
• Experience working in a 24X7 service environment.
• Ability to motivate and engage diverse team working under extreme pressure
• Be an evangelist of Service Quality mindset within IT services.
• Business Acumen - A good understanding of DPDHL business units, their services and customers.
• Business Partner Orientation - Empathize with business partners, who are under extreme stress due to an Emergency Incident. Is focused on identifying and understanding business impact from IT incidents. Expresses and acts on desire to assist business colleague in an efficient and friendly manner
• Stakeholder Management - Strong ability to engage with senior leadership (CIO) in critical situations, uses interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business and internal colleagues
• Data and Technology - Have a strong analytic mindset
• Quality Focus - Experience in using Quality tools and methodologies like FirstChoice, Six Sigma etc.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills – challenge experts in a constructive way, etc
• Handling of complexity - ability to understand complex situations quickly, derive meaningful insights and turn into simple actions
• Influencing and Persuasion - Extremely strong influencing skills to be able to get people’s commitment without direct line managerial responsibility. Influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
• Strategic Perspective - Strong understanding of DPDHL and IT Services overall objectives and ability to shape team direction in alignment with it
• Great team of IT professionals and possibility of technical development
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year)
• Company car/car allowance
• 6 Self-sickness days/year
• Permanent contract
• Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year
• CAFETERIA employee benefit program with wide selection of benefits from Edenred
• On-going professional and technical trainings and certifications
• Pension plan contributions
• Employee Referral Program and Working Anniversary Rewards
• Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
• Huge number of internal job opportunities within the company