About the role:
As a Principal Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for delivering cloud native solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives based on Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Stack IaaS and PaaS hosting models. We are searching for an exceptional future team member with strong public cloud network skills who wants to work with the best, develop their skills as leaders and create positive change.
• Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
• Provide technical leadership on complex projects requiring multidisciplinary engineering teams.
• Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts especially from network perspective
• Implementing effective security strategies on cloud networks and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
• Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of Cloud and Enterprise network solutions.
• Consult development teams in technical questions of continuous integration/continuous delivery
• Consult customers on technical aspects of installation, sizing, scaling and mainly network configurations
• Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
• Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
• Guide infrastructure engineering team to infrastrucutre deficiencies so they can be developed into revisions to the overall architecture standards
• Support with the design and implementation of interconnectivity of IaaS infrastructures whether from Public Cloud providers such as MS Azure, Google Cloud, or Private Cloud implementations.
• Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes.
• Support sales teams to create technical proposals and provide costs of solution architecture created
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
• Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
• Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
You should have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 8+ years overall IT industry experience
• Minimum of 3+ years in a solution focused engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms. Main focus on cloud network solutions required.
• Excellent technical cloud solutions architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
• Azure Solution Deployment - Networking (VNET, NSG, Hub and Spoke, Express Route, VPN, UDR)
• Azure Solution Deployment - Services (Load Balancers, Highly available Virtual Network Appliances- Fortinet- NetScaler)
• Azure Solution Deployment - Security (NSG, Firewalls), Application security groups,
• Infrastructure as Code familiar - Terraforms and deployment Automation, experience in coding in Ansible including the creation of scripts, managing roles and inventories
• Setup monitoring (performance metrics, OMS)
• Azure Active Directory and Azure AD Connect basics
• Knowledge of basic cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, web application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
• Knowledge of basic architecture and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, and PaaS capabilities. Backup and Recovery, Data Storage options, Business Continuity etc.
• Configurations of Azure service endpoint and private endpoints, PaaS service Network and Firewall configuration
• Monitoring networks by configuration of Azure Network Watcher, NSG flow logs and interpret NSG flow logs, Traffic Analytics and diagnostics logging
• Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
• Extensive experience with Azure and Google Networking (e.g. VPC, VNet, Direct Connect, Express Routes, HUB and Spoke Topology, VNET Peering, DNS Configuration etc.)
• Experience with design, configuration and deployment of networking environments including integration with public and private clouds.
• Extensive knowledge with configuring and managing routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, etc.)
• Experience with configuration and operation of network and system monitoring software
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Microsoft Azure certifications preferred:
• Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
• Microsoft Azure Architect Design
• Microsoft Azure Expert certification would be real bonus to have
• Cloud Automation Experience (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
• Load Balancer Experience (Azure, F5)
• Understanding of ITIL Standards
What we offer:
• Great team of IT professionals and possibility of technical development
• Modern offices in Chodov
• Home office possibilities
• Permanent contract
• Company Car, Pension plan contribution, Long-term Sickness Insurance
• CAFETERIA employee benefit program with wide selection of benefits from Edenred
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch vouchers fully covered by company
• Multisport card, mobile and laptop, fruit days, sport clubs for employees, Referral program……