About the team:
Hello! I am Harry and I am a manager of an enthusiastic pioneering team consisted of Software and DevOps Engineers. I've started working in IT related positions in 2005 and ever since I have proudly witnessed up close the technological transformation of the IT landscape. I have been working in DPDHL the past 4 years and I consider myself privileged to be at the right place at the right time. You may wonder why? It is because we are in the epicenter of corporate innovation. Our team is tasked to work on several hot trending Cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, ApiGee, etc).
Our Digital Platforms department is a dynamically evolving space with colleagues working from 3 different countries spanning in 2 continents. One thing that connects us is the ambition to create One Stop Shop for all DPDHL APIs.
My team is benefiting from a profitable, stable, large-scale company while leveraging the passion and dynamics of a newly introduced department called Digital platforms (#digitalplatforms). Our primary focus is on fusing Agile and DevSecOps to provide secure, efficient, flexible software delivery & support operations. You can call us as a startup in a corporation.
Do you want to work with technologies that pioneers are talking about in conferences? Do you want to be with us from the very beginning? Here is your chance!
About the project:
Our project, Maia, got its name from the mythological daughter of Atlas and the mother of Hermes. By that, we wish to suggest that Maia is a scalable & resilient API based product that provides a Label Service with adjustable content based on specific business logic.
Maia, is utilizing state of the art, modern Cloud Technologies (such as Google PaaS, Google ApiGee, Google Kubernetes) weaving and bridging it with on-prem legacy systems.
The team currently consists of 7 enthusiastic DevOps Engineers, Developers & QA delivering As One under the SCRUM methodology.
Your everyday duties:
• Design and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in the cloud
• Working on ways to improve and automate the development and release processes
• Enhance existing infrastructure by implementing new components by following best-in-industry practices
• Coach other engineers in cloud technologies
• Support project team to practice GitOps and provide improvements
• You will be engineering robust infrastructure that hosts APIs used worldwide that serve millions of requests
• Actively monitor application infrastructure capacity to improve utilization and reduce costs by supervising system infrastructure - including monitoring CPU, filesystem, memory, and process utilization
• Identify and solve problems, performance and security related incidents
• Provide support for development teams in deployment related topics
Must have skills:
• Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) such as Terraform and having operational experience with any of the major cloud providers
• Knowledge of GitOps (configuration of Kubernetes using e.g. Helm)
• Experience in implementing CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins pipeline)
• Experience in Microservice architecture and ability to guide the project team in setting it up
• Extensive experience with containers and container orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes, NGINX
• Developer experience mindset to setup infrastructure that will make the daily routine of developers easier
• Not afraid to tackle unfamiliar and complex problems with a strong drive to learn and grow
• Passion about software quality and having practical experience in Application Monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
• Experience in building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
• Work experience with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
Nice to have:
• Full stack experience with software development experience
• Background with WebMethods, Java and Scala
• Experience with Service Meshes
• Various deployment strategies especially canary deployment
• Professional experience with GCP
• Internal and external trainings
• Great team of professionals and possibility of development
• Full support from colleagues during onboarding
• Modern offices in Chodov next to metro station
• Huge number of internal job opportunities within the company
• Home office possibilities
• Permanent contract
• CAFETERIA employee benefit program with wide selection of benefits from Edenred
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch vouchers fully covered by company
• Multisport card, mobile and laptop, fruit days, sport clubs for employees, Referral program…